Reference Sheet Norwegian ERTMSpilot line Østfoldbanen Østre Linje
Østfoldbanen Østre Linje (ØØL) is an 80 km. long line through the inner parts of Østfold, from Ski to Sarpsborg. The Project was responsible for implementing the new European signalling system ERTMS for the first time in Norway. The ERTMS system on ØØL was commissioned in August 2015. The project comprised:
- Establishment and testing of new traffic safety regulations for ERTMS lines
- Rebuilding and upgrading of 5 stations
- Engineering and installation of new ERTMS signalling systems at 7 stations, 17 level crossings and automatic level transition on 2 adjacent stations
- Training of technical and operational personnel
- Technical and operational testing of the system with ERTMS-equipped trains
- Responsibility for installation and contract execution during the bid phase and contract negotiations with customer.
- Project management on behalf of Bombardier from contract award to customer acceptance of the SRS. This phase included the establishment of administrative routines, system design, engineering of the system and start-up of the installation.
- Project management and site management for the activities in Norway following customer acceptance of the SRS. This phase included installation, testing, commissioning, operational testing, training, establishment of the maintenance organization, establishment of spare part storage, training, following up of operational status of the system after commissioning.
- On board test and safety responsibility for all test train activities: Training of drivers, type testing of OBU’s, trackside commissioning, full scale operational test, presentation and marketing etc. adding up to 120 days of test train activities.
- Test and commissioning of various ERTMS subsystems with personnel authorizes as “sluttkontrollør F” for the ERTMS system.
- Participation in ERTMS support team together with customer after commissioning – On call duty, troubleshooting, error correction and customer support.
- Preparation and execution of rehearsal courses for customer signalling personnel (“sikkerhetskontrollør”, “sluttkontrollør F” and system specialists).